If you are a landlord, how do you know which Stamford estate agent to use? Here are the six qualities that will help you spot the ideal letting agent for your property
1. Marketing: Do they have both local knowledge of Stamford and the surrounding area but also a large enough network to market your property through effectively? Do they have strong online presence and a strong, branded website (its not all about the portals-ask the agent how many visits their site receives). Picture quality is also vital to stand out from the crowd. We take a huge pride in the photographs we take to make sure a house is marketed showing off all its advantages. Statistic show that prospective tenants are more likely to view a property that has a floorplan shown in the marketing, so as standard all our lettings property will be marketed with floorplans.
2. Customer service: Every time your letting agent shows someone around your property they should offer prompt and insightful feedback about the viewing- after all some tenants are inexperienced and may worry about things they dont need to or not understand the rental process properly. A good agent should be able to put tenants at ease and assist in the move in every way. After all, being a local estate agent we know the Stamford area like the back of our hand so are always able to pass on local knowledge and recommendations.
3. Paperwork: A good agency is there to consistently ensure that you as a landlord fulfil all of your legal requirements, such as EPCs, Gas Safety Certificates and deposit protection. They need to keep up to date with all the new regulations to make sure both you and they stay compliant. As Stamford newest independent estate agent we pride ourselves in being fully up to date with all the latest compliance
4. Contracts: A legally watertight tenancy agreement is vital and a good letting agent will work with a landlord to tailor it to the property and tenants. Bad ones simply print off standard contracts and dont bother to chase up tenant references properly or in time which could potentially make policies you take out against none payment of rent invalid. To Sowden Wallis reputation is key, therefore we only let properties to tenants that have been fully referenced.
5. Diligence: Pick an agent who goes that little bit further. Does the agent have a dedicated Move in team? Is your agent thinking about every step of the process from offer acceptance to actual move-in? The latter is a vital area often overlooked by agents and failing in this area could result in the let falling through. We always meet tenants at the property on the day that they take on the tenancy to run through with them important pieces of information such as where the stop cock is located and how the heating works. All this eases the moving process and also helps the tenants rather than leaving them in the dark.
6. Value for money: Does your lettings agent offer a full service for their fee? It should include making arrangements for the propertys Energy Performance Certificate and Gas Safety Certificate as well as the placing of the tenants deposit within a government-approved scheme. We offer a fully inclusive fee at Sowden Wallis with no hidden fees. So please contact us so we can show you why as a Stamford letting agent we are different from the rest.